Sunday 9 October 2011

Enrolled :)

Well, almost. I've sent my enrolment form and payment off so that I can start a City & Guilds Level 1 in Confectionery.

I'll be studying from home with a tutor for guidance from Sugarcraft Online, who are a City & Guilds approved centre.

Whilst home based learning for something so hands on as cake decorating might not be the most ideal way to study, I was only able to find one college offering this within a reasonable travelling distance to where I live. I was originally enrolled on this course for the first term, which was the sugarpaste module only, however my initial experience of the class made me rethink and I decided to not continue on that particular course.

As I have already had some experience of learning in a classroom environment prior to enrolling, I feel that I should be able to work through the modules not necessarily with ease, but will be able to apply the knowledge that I gained from the evening classes I have attended over the past two years.

The City & Guilds qualification I have opted for covers the following topics:
  • Design for craft
  • Working with coatings and food hygiene
  • Sugarpaste
  • Royal icing
  • Gateaux
  • Assessment

Sugarcraft Online also offer a Level 1 qualification in Sugar Modelling, which covers sugar flowers, and a Level 2 qualification in Sugar Decoration. Depending on how I get on with the Confectionery course, I may decide to enrol on these courses to gain more City & Guilds qualifications. 

Because this is a distance learning course, photographic evidence is needed throughout. Once enrolled, I will have up to twelve months to complete all six modules. It's all down to motivation; I will get out of the course what I put in.

So, they should receive my form and payment early this week and then once the funds have cleared, I'll be issued with the relevant details that I'll need to start the course. Can't wait :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...