Sunday 22 January 2012

Had a little bit of a splurge...

And booked myself on to a few courses!!! :)

I'll be attending a one-day course in airbrushing, a two-day course learning how to create a bride and groom cake topper and a five-week evening class to learn how to make sugar roses. All within February and March and all very exciting!

The airbrushing course is going to be taught by Dawn Butler of Dinky Doodle Designs and is being held at The Cake Decorating Company in Nottingham. It will be a hands on day where we will learn about things such as cleaning and maintenance of the kit, how to blend colours, how to create patterns and use stencils etc. I've never used an airbrush before so this will be a good introduction for me - it is something I've fancied trying for a little while now. I'm hoping to resist the impulse buyer in me and aim to come home without an airbrush kit. But I'm not making any promises!

Then I'll be back off to Nottingham again where I will be taught by the fabulous Lorraine McKay of Extra Icing! :) Incredibly excited about this one! In the workshop, we'll learn how to create a bride in a stunning wedding gown and a groom in tails and a waistcoat. I think Lorraine's work is excellent and I have heard fantastic reviews of her teaching skills. So pleased that there is a class nearby that I can attend.

And then I received an email from the lady that taught the evening classes that I have attended over the past couple of years. She is teaching a five-week evening class in March and wanted to know if I was interested in signing up. I miss my Thursday nights with the cakey girls and I haven't made sugar roses before [something else I want to learn], so I'll also be attending this class :)

Now, there are a few more that I have my eye on..... Kaysie Lackey of The Peoples Cake is in London in March and is teaching her Higgins the Butler at one of the venues. I love him! I'm trying to weigh up the cost of going; the course, travel, accommodation etc. After all, I should stay a little sensible... And then there are the classes that Tracy of Cotton & Crumbs has started to advertise. I'd like to attend her stacked cake class, but so far every time I look at the page, it's sold out! She'll be a very popular teacher going forward, her designs are beautiful.

So, that's my news. An exciting two months ahead of me :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...