Sunday 5 February 2012

Belated Birthday to Me

It was my birthday a couple of days ago so I thought I'd bake myself a cake :)


I bought the Wilton Giant Cupcake pan two years ago - maybe more - but had never tested it out. I thought my birthday would be the ideal opportunity!

I made a shell for the base, à la Sam of Scrumptious Buns, out of dark cocoa Wilton Candy Melts. They actually tasted a lot better than I expected them to :)

The cake itself was made from a vanilla HD recipe, filled with vanilla whipped buttercream. I covered the top of the cupcake with white sugarpaste and decorated with giant sprinkles [also made from sugarpaste].

Unfortunately, I didn't have a suitable sized drum handy and, since this was a practice run, I decided not to decorate the board.

I'm pleased with how it turned out, I just need a bit of practice to get confident with the baking times. The difference in sizes of the top and bottom halves proved to be a challenge with judging with the take out of the oven! I have had the suggestion put forward that I should cut the pan in two so I shall mull this over :)

I hope you like my first attempt at a giant cupcake!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...