Saturday 4 June 2011

Yay! It fits!

Following on from the recommendation of a friend, I recently ordered the Silverwood multisize cake tin from Lakeland [along with a few other goodies ;)]. I wasn't convinced that it would fit in my oven as the shelves are exactly 12" deep, leaving hardly any room for the door to close. But since it was free delivery [those 'other' goodies took me over £50... eeek!] and free returns, there was no harm in trying.

Upon its arrival I put the tin together and gave it a whirl in my oven. And it fits! Yay! :)

The tin is designed to be fully collapsible which allows it to be stored flat. It arrived in 7 pieces; a solid base tray, four sides which interlink with each other and two dividers which allow you to make up to four cakes at once. 

When constructed, it is a 12" square and the sides simply sit on top of the base tray. 

I also bought two additional sets of dividers which will allow me to split the tin into various different sizes and bake up to 16 separate 3" square cakes in one go. 

And I don't have to stick to doing square cakes, I can do rectangle ones too :) Now, how's that for versatility?!

As there are no solid sides or joins to this tin, it will take some lining to stop any batter from leaking, but in my opinion the time spent doing this will soon be made back by not having to bake several cakes one after another.

I'm really chuffed that it fits nicely in my oven; I honestly didn't think that there was a chance that it would. Now I just need an excuse to try it out...


2 comments:

  1. I have one of these and it is so handy! If you find a way of getting the sides perfectly straight do let me know - I find that when the mixture goes in it pushes out a little at the bottom. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do :) I'll ask my friend who recommended it as well, she might have an answer. Just had a peek at your blog, it is fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...