Sunday 24 April 2011

Choccy cupcakes with whipped buttercream

It has been a busy, busy week. Not cake busy, just general busy. I'm on annual leave from work over the Easter period and have been hoping to get lots of cakey things done, but so far I've not managed much!

This afternoon I made some chocolate cupcakes and topped them off with a vanilla whipped buttercream swirl.

Apr, 2011 - Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla whipped buttercream

The stand was a Christmas gift from my Dad - It is the Mrs Bridges cake stand and scone making set  from Debenhams.

This was my third attempt at piping buttercream on to cuppies - and it's noticable! This is definately a technique that I want to work on. They didn't turn out too badly but they need to be more consistent and I need to be more confident with a piping bag.

Apr, 2011 - Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla whipped buttercream    Apr, 2011 - Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla whipped buttercream

Apr, 2011 - Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla whipped buttercream    Apr, 2011 - Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla whipped buttercream



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...