Sunday 24 April 2011

Easter chicken feet cuppies

Happy Easter!

Apr, 2011 - Chicken feet Easter cupcakes


I was in Sainsbury's a couple of weeks ago when these little cupcake cases caught my eye. They were £2.50 per pair, I can't find them on the Sainsbury's website to link to, however they are also sold at Lakeland in sets of four.

Apr, 2011 - Chicken feet Easter cupcakes

I filled them with chocolate cupcakes and topped them off with a vanilla whipped buttercream which I have coloured slightly yellow to match the cases a little better.

Because they are on feet, I found them to be a little wobbly when putting them in and taking them out of the oven, but I didn't feel at any point that they would fall over. If you plan on using them, my advice would be to watch your fingers! The feet stuck to the surface of the baking sheet like a suction cup so took a little bit of pulling to get them off, and the silicone was hot! After I iced them, I put them in a plastic container which they also stuck to, so when I tried to take them out, I knocked some of the icing. Oooops!

Had I pre-planned a little better, these could have been decorated properly, to look like chickens. I had lots of ideas running through my head, but very few materials to actually do what I wanted! But since it is Easter, I thought I'd give them a whirl anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...